Until a meal plan comes out that allows me to exclusively eat ice cream and macaroni and cheese, I will settle for this keto meal plan that is all about bacon!
I made bacon wrapped shrimp last night on a whim…I like to keep my husband on his toes when he comes home from work – and while he would have loved the 8th variation of low-carb pizza I had originally planned, he was SUPER excited to see this instead. (Maybe a little too excited – starting to think I need to venture away the pizza recipes for a while…)
Anyways, it was super simple, super delicious, and CHEAP! I’ll tell you where I bought everything.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb of cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp. Mine were frozen so I just thawed them under cool water for a few minutes but they don’t need to be frozen
- 1 lb of bacon. Whatever kind you like!
- 1 bottle of champagne or wine. This part is important!
Here’s what I did:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half
- Wrap each piece of shrimp with a half piece of bacon
- Season however you’d like! I used Old Bay on half of the shrimp and left the other half as is.
- Put the shrimp on a baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes
- Drink a glass of champagne or wine while you’re waiting for the shrimp to bake. DON’T SKIP THIS! It’s essential after a long day with the kids ☺️
- Optional: pan fry the cooked shrimp if you like your bacon crispier (like we do!)
Now, this involved a few more steps than my normal ‘throw it in a crockpot and let it cook itself’ type of meal – but it was totally worth the effort and tasted SO good!
Oh! I bought the shrimp and champs from ALDI too! Score! (We LOVE Aldi frozen shrimp. We actually prefer it to more expensive brands in the grocery store – it’s so good!)
Next time, I’ll make a sauce to go along with this but am unsure what that will be. Do you have any suggestions?
Let me know if you’ll try this! 💙